“Praise the bridge that carried you over.” ~George Colman
As the work week comes to an end it is time again for me to express my gratitude once again.
I read THIS interesting article during the week that talked about the fact that being thankful chemically changes our brain to be happier. Like at the neuroscience and chemical level. And here is the cool thing….you don’t actually have to find something to be thankful for, you just have to search in your mind for what the thing is. Pretty awesome stuff!!!!
So because I want to be happier….who doesn’t….here are 5 things I am thankful for this week:
- Trail riding in the rain with a dear friend I had not seen in a long time
- Coming into work one morning and finding Dean & Deluca coffee and cookies from Paris left on my desk…YUM!
- Getting dogs and horses some exercise prior to the deluge that is supposed to hit over the next few days
- Having no plans or errands that have to be done this weekend, so all I have to do is watch the rain come down from the comfort and safety of my living room couch
- The telephonic on call doctor service my company offers all of the employees, because it saved me a trip to the doctor and after a week and a half I may finally have the meds I need to get over this crud.
Happy Weekend Everyone.