What a surprise and treat to learn that I had been nominated for the “Sunshine Blogger Award” by Rosie at La Tour Abolie. Thank you so much for the nomination and for making my day!
My response looked similar to this:
There are, of course, a few rules…we live in a society. (HUGE virtual pat on the back to anyone who gets that reference.)
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the award.
- Display the banner/sticker/logo on your blog.
- Share 7 facts or things about yourself.
- Nominate 5 bloggers that you admire and inform them by commenting on their blog.
I would like to nominate the following 5:
And my 7 facts/things:
- I majored in Criminal Justice and worked for one year as a probation officer before deciding that a life working with criminals was not the career for me.
- I grew up in a suburb of Chicago and it is a mystery to my family how I ended up living on a piece of land full of animals.
- I’m afraid to fly.
- I didn’t know who Adele was until about a month ago. It’s true, I somehow really am that out of touch with society.
- I’m terrible at keeping things that grow in the ground alive. I’m great with things that breathe but add roots to the equation and it probably will not last 6 months under my care.
- Years ago, I went white water rafting on The New River and our raft flipped over in a class 5 rapid, I was underwater being pummeled against the rocks and I truly believed I was going to drown in the bottom of that river.
- I believe that everyone I meet has something to teach me. I might not be something I want to know, but it is something I don’t know.
Happy Blogging my nominees….go be great!